Bottoli 5th Generation is the line of Blankets Plaid born from the experience (since 1861) of Lanificio Bottoli.
PLAID BLANKET FANCY - 100% Pure New Merino Wool - 150cm x 180cm ca. - edge: 70% wool e 30% silk
- ORIGIN : real Made in Italy. All process (Dyeing, carding, spinning, weaving , finishing are made in Italy). Bottoli Mill which roots date back since 1861, is located in Venice region.
- COMPOSITION: 100% Pure new Merino Wool.
- SO WARM BUT SO LIGHT: High coefficient of Heat Insulation. Wool has excellent thermal qualities; the material prevents the dispersion of body heat into the environment by reducing air flow.
- BETTER THEN SPA: High coefficient of Hygroscopicity (the ability to absorb water vapor from the environment). Its ability to absorb humidity allows the material to regulate temperatures and protect the body in both cold and warm conditions. Wool fibres do not only absorb atmospheric humidity; they also soak up perspiration and drive it outwards. It is, in fact, the only textile that can contain up to a third of its weight in water before it starts feeling wet -- thus protecting us from the discomforts of humidity.
- BUILT TO LAST: Elasticity and Tear Resistance. Thanks to their helical structure, polypeptide chains act as springs. This flexibility increases the textile’s durability. A wool fibre can be folded onto itself up to 20,000 times without breaking, which is 10 times that of silk and more then 6 times that of cotton.
- BACTERIA FIGHTER: Self-Cleansing Properties. Unlike synthetic fibres, wool has a surface that does not retain bacteria. It is naturally resistant to dirt and does not require frequent cleaning. In fact, wool fibres contain natural oils that repel dirt from its surface. Likewise, filamentous proteins prevent bad odours from forming in the fabric.
- RING OF FIRE : Fire-Resistance. Wool is self-extinguishing and will stop burning once it is removed from a flame. It is also fairly flame resistant due to the amount of humidity it can absorb.
- LOVE IS IN THE AIR: The blanket’s width always measures at least 148 cm. This has been studies as the ideal width for a single person – or for two lovers entwined. (Although the blanket is designed to be used on a sofa, it is large enough to be moved to your bed should you struggle to leave it behind ).
- GLAMOUR and LOVE FOR DETAIL: Different designs with a high level of fashion.The patterns for each blanket perfectly match (from the right to the left and from the top and to the down).
- SIMBOLISM: Silk Wool Border and label. The colour of the border (fine silk wool composition), which is Bottoli’s leitmotif, and the Label evokes the Republic of Venice’s flag -- a symbol of peace and rectitude.