PURE NEW MERINO WOOL WITH WAFER-THIN COPPER YARNS WITH ANTIBACTERIAL PROPERTIES - 150cm x 160cm ca.
- COMPOSITION: Pure new Merino Wool undyed with wafer-thin copper yarns with notorius antibacterial properties. This fabric comes only in the natural color of the fleece of the sheep. We do not use colouring substances or dyeing, just excellent fibre.
WOOL PROPERTIES: Self-Cleansing Properties. Unlike synthetic fibres, wool has a surface that does not retain bacteria. It is naturally resistant to dirt and does not require frequent cleaning. In fact, wool fibres contain natural oils that repel dirt from its surface. Likewise, filamentous proteins prevent bad odours from forming in the fabric. Such features are even more enhanced by using natural colour wool.
- COPPER PROPERTIES: Copper and its alloys are natural antibacterial .Ancient civilizations exploited the antibacterial properties of copper. Over the years copper has been used to kill or inhibit the growth of bacteria, from the Ancient Egyptians to Greeks, Romans, and Aztecs.
- SO WARM AND SO SOFT : High coefficient of heat insulation and hygroscopicity (the ability to absorb water vapor from the environment). Its ability to absorb humidity allows the material to regulate temperatures and protect the body in both cold and warm conditions. Wool fibres do not only absorb atmospheric humidity; they also soak up perspiration and drive it outwards. It is, in fact, the only textile that can contain up to a third of its weight in water before it starts feeling wet -- thus protecting us from the discomforts of humidity.
- BUILT TO LAST: Elasticity and tear resistance. Thanks to their helical structure, polypeptide chains act as springs. This flexibility increases the textile’s durability. A wool fibre can be folded onto itself up to 20,000 times without breaking, which is 10 times that of silk and more then 6 times that of cotton.
- RING OF FIRE: Fire-Resistance. Wool is self-extinguishing and will stop burning once it is removed from a flame. It is also fairly flame resistant due to the amount of humidity it can absorb.